Monday 4 June 2012

Calling the Creative!!

Can you hear me? Helloooo??

Creativity? Where are yoouuu?!

I am usually a bit of a whizz when it comes to being creative but alas recently the mind seems to have taken a bit of a turn for the uninventive and slightly boring.

In my collection of creative-box-ness I have a pile of small canvases that I want to do something with. I seem to have a thing for anything 'vector' and anything 'tree' so a mixture of the two would look like the image presented below... but if I did the picture below then it wouldn't really be my work.


I want to do something I can put on one of the many blank walls in our house to spruce it up a little, give it some 'character' (queue very fashion diva voice) make it sort of 'pazazz'. I know, I know what you're thinking, crazy isn't it? Well I go on holiday not this Friday but next Friday and I intend to have at least a little idea of what I want to do by then.

The way I usually make a sort of creative genius is by gaining an influence from somewhere. I do this by researching what I like most - and researching it until I can't possibly research it anymore. So for example, I shall get together all the 'vector' pictures I like and all the 'tree' pictures I like, then smush them all together (yes smush - put them all in front of me and mix them up; a bit like you do a pack of cards) and pick bits from each one that I like; whether it's shape or colour or size or style and then create what I want from there.


Once I've decided which bits I like and don't like I'll sketch on a few pieces of paper the canvas sizes that I have and what order I want them to be in (they're not all the same size and shape you see) and draw on the piece of paper a vague idea of what I want. Once I've done that I'll then go on to colour in my drawing in pencil - if it looks good put paint to paintbrush and paintbrush to canvas. If it doesn't, then I'll just go back to the drawing board and start again.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment